Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week Day 6! 2KCBWDAY6

2KCBWDAY6


Day six: 2nd April. Something to aspire to.
Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu can admire the result of those that have.



Today's post was a lot easier than yesterday...I am so inspired by the wonderful designers and designs out there, that i could loads photos forever... however, here are some of my "wish I have done/will do..."



Firstly ...the holy grail of Fair Isle knitting (which I really enjoy doing), must surely be an Alice Starmore design. I have seen someone refer to this as the journey not the destination...it may well take you a generation to finish one. This design is called Henry VIII. Folks, just look at that detail! Never mind that the yarn used is a two ply!!!!! I mean, really...I don't even know if it would be possible for me to see the stitches towards the end of my life's work on this (nanogenerians do have some eyesight issues...)...
Yet...
why do I crave to make this ? Of course a simple pullover wouldn't be adequate. I need to make this in a mid calf length coat... I must be mad... (but ambitious! ;) )



Ok, so everybody that has a secret passion for pink, put up your hand...no, be honest now... how gorgeous is this dress? Oohhh...I just wanit, wanit, wanit! The design is a Cynthia Steffe design
and you can find a fabulous deconstruct here...

As dresses and tops go, I also love this. It's kinda LOTRish, and I can yet again see myself knitting forever, but heck people, how pretty and flattering it would be...



This is just simply Kaffe...iconic, bright, evergreen... I wish I had the time to knit up a huge blanket in this, in some divine yarn with cashmere in it... Oh, for extra arms...my kingdom for an extra pair of arms!!!!!

My favourite pattern of all time is the African Flower Crocheted Hexagon...it's so easy to make and simply beautiful. I am so inspired by this ...I have tweaked the picture a bit to show off the colours better...

Love this...want to make one using these colours....


Want a pair of these...


Want to make my godson this...it would suit him perfectly!


I love this shawl...pretty, easy to do and finishable (yes, word is my own...) this lifetime...

Maybe this year will see a start on at least two or three of these projects...I am working on the arms standby... ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OH EM GEE. I so love that lovely pink dress. I wish I could work out the diagrams LOL!! I think I will work it out and convert it in to text.

Thanks Heidi for sharing.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend xxx

Anonymous said...

Dude, those leopard socks are the best thing ever. I must have those socks.

Anonymous said...

That dress is amazing. I think I need to make it too XD

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Ooooh thats a lot of yummy projects on your to-do list! Love the LOTR tunic and those leopard spot socks!! I think you are right about the Henry the VIII coat....better invest in a good pair of glasses ;-)

K said...

Love the African Flower.

Unknown said...

OH I just love these...go ahead and get started...who cares how long it will take...promise yourself two rows a night...and it will get done.
Just think how fashion forward you will be.